How to Return or Cancel an Order
Get answers and information about:
Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason, you are not satisfied, simply return your purchase in its original packaging with your original receipt for a refund or exchange.
The number of days that you have to make a return or exchange varies. Review our returns policies here.
Start a Return
HOW TO MAKE A RETURN
Hassle-Free Returns & Exchanges
Depending on how you received your purchase, Sears merchandise can be returned in several ways:
All shipped items, except tires and those containing Hazardous Materials, can be returned by:
Mail (UPS, US Postal Service, etc.)
- You’ll need a return shipping label and a return form. To start the automated return process, please Click Here, find the item(s) you’d like to return, and click on “Return Item.” Then follow the on screen instructions.
- Applicable shipping charges will be deducted from your refund unless the return is a result of our error. The expected refund amount will be displayed when you submit your return online.
- You may also use your own shipping label for the return. If you prefer this option, please include the pack slip you received with your item and indicate which item(s) you are returning, specify the number of returned item(s) and the return reason code (from the list of return codes). If you are using your own shipping label we recommend that you use an insured and trackable service.
- The return shipping address is printed on the packing slip included with your package. Please securely repack the return items preferably, using the original packaging.
To a full-line Sears store* (not Outlet or Hometown stores)
* Members can return items without a receipt.
See store for details.
Any items that were purchased and delivered from Sears (appliances, treadmills, big-screen TVs, etc.) can be returned by scheduling a pick up.
To arrange for a return by pick up, please call us at 1-800-732-7747 and have your sales check number and the phone number that was used when your order was placed handy.
Products purchased or shipped from Kmart stores or Kmart.com must be returned to a Kmart store. Learn more about Kmart returns here.
Marketplace items Fulfilled by Sellers
Items sold and fulfilled by Sears Marketplace Sellers cannot be returned to any Sears store or warehouse and must be returned directly to the seller. Learn more about returning Marketplace items here.
Marketplace and Fulfilled by Sears
For items sold by a Sears Marketplace vendor and Fulfilled by Sears, returns can be made via shipping to the Sears facility indicated on your packing slip. Returns may not be made to a Sears store location.
Return Tires to a Sears Auto Center. Use our Store Locator to find a Sears Auto Center near you.
Based on legal, regulatory and safety protocol, items that contain or utilize flammable liquids or gases cannot be returned through the mail, even if the item has been emptied of these materials. Types of products include, but are not limited to, items such as lawn mowers, leaf blowers and pressure washers. These products must be returned in person at your local Sears store and presented to an associate to complete the transaction. If you are unsure whether your product classifies as a Hazardous Material please visit the DOT website. For any other questions please contact our Call Center at 877-550-9254.
How the UPS Drop-Off Returns Program Works
After printing the shipping label, you can either tape the label to the box (not the preferred method) or utilize an address pouch that can be found at all shipping locations or with the UPS driver you hand your package to. The address pouch is a see-through protective pouch that adheres to a package and allows you to put the folded shipping label into the pouch. It is your responsibility to get the package to UPS for shipping.
The cost of this service will be the shipping charges only. There are no additional fees associated with this service.
UPS Drop-off Locations
UPS offers numerous options for dropping off a package. All UPS drivers, UPS store employees and UPS customer counter agents can accept properly sealed and labeled packages. You may also take your package to any UPSdesignated Drop Box location. Packages must fit inside the container and will not be picked up if they are left elsewhere. If you would like more information about Drop Box locations in your area, please visit www.ups.com and select Find Locations.
How the UPS Three Pickup Attempt Policy Works
With this option, a UPS driver carries a preprinted return shipping label when attempting to pick up the return package. UPS will attempt to pick up your package on three separate business days. If you requested this service before 9 PM (Central Time), the first attempt will be made the next business day.
After three failed pickup attempts by UPS, you will need to process another request through the Sears Returns Process system.
UPS charges us an additional $7 for this service. Therefore, the fee for this service will be $7 plus the shipping cost.
If you are using a box to ship your return items, make every effort to use a new one. A box loses its original protective qualities over time and may not adequately protect your shipment if it has been previously used. If you must reuse a box, make sure it is rigid enough to withstand shipping and free of punctures, tears, rips and corner damage. Box flaps should be intact. Any old labels or other markings should be removed or covered.
To close a box securely, do not use masking tape, cellophane tape, duct tape, string or paper over wrap. Use strong, thick tape that is two or more inches in width. Apply three strips to both the top and bottom box flaps so that the middle and two edge seams are properly sealed.
Place the shipping label on the top of your package. To prevent confusion, place only one address label on your package and include your return receipt inside. Do not put any labels over edge seams, closures or on top of sealing tape. Remove or cross out old labels or markings on a used box.
Returning Marketplace Items
Sears.com partners with marketplace merchants who sell items on our website. If your order contains an item that is NOT sold by Sears, this item cannot be returned or exchanged at your local Sears store. Your merchant's profile, which contains their specific return policy, is available via the product page.
Return policies may vary for products sold and fulfilled by third-party merchants other than Sears. See individual merchant profile, accessible from product detail pages, for applicable merchant return policies. All returns of products sold and fulfilled by a third-party merchant, including damaged and incorrect products, must be returned directly to such third-party merchant.
Please note that Sears does not support returns for international orders sold or fulfilled by a third-party merchant at this time. All international sales of products sold or fulfilled by these third-party merchants are final.
- Contact us within 90 days of your original order date to request a Return Authorization.
- Upon receiving this number, your customer service representative will also provide you with a UPS return label to mail in your item
- You may have the return label emailed to you or mailed to your home. The emailed UPS label link expires after 10 days. If the link expires before you print the label, you must contact us to request another label.
- Follow the instructions provided for repackaging your return and take the package to the nearest UPS store or drop-off location.
- Sears Parts Direct requires a Return Authorization to ensure your return credit is processed in an accurate and timely manner. Sears Parts Direct assumes no responsibility for items returned without the appropriate authorization.
Remember, you must include the return receipt in your shipping package. This will ensure the fastest returns processing time. You will receive your return receipt during the returns process.
HOW TO CANCEL AN ORDER
Due to our automated system, your order will be in process almost immediately after you click the "Process Order" button in Checkout.
Check to see if cancel is still available by visiting Your Order Center
If it’s too late to cancel, don't worry, we make returns easy!
Once you receive the order, you can return it in two ways:
- Ship the order to us. Instructions will be in your package.
- Return at your local Sears store.
You can initiate your return online by clicking Online Return.
Home Delivery Orders
You can cancel a Delivery order any time before the day that your delivery is scheduled.
Cancel your order online by visiting Your Order Center
Or by calling Customer Service at 1-800-732-7747.
Store Pickup Orders
You can cancel a Store Pickup order online or by phone at any time prior to pickup.
Cancel your order online by visiting Your Order Center
Or you can call the store where you scheduled to pick up your order and let an associate know. To find store information, use our Store Locator.